On today’s episode I am finally getting the opportunity to discuss the topic I am most interested in: Humanism or what I call Secular Grace. It is ultimately about answering the question, “how do we live life well post deconversion?” Rather than looking backwards, it is looking forward to learning to thrive as a human being.
My guest today is Jim Palmer. Jim is an ordained minister, receiving his Master of Divinity degree from Trinity Divinity School in Chicago. After serving several years as the Senior Pastor of a non-denominational church, Jim left professional ministerial life on a quest for more authentic spirituality and has authored five books about his journey. In addition to writing, speaking and his spiritual direction practice, Jim is an adjunct professor in the areas of Ethics and Comparative Religion. He is the Co-Founder of the Nashville Humanist Association and is a certified Humanist Chaplain with the American Humanist Association.
- Jim’s Website http://www.jimpalmerauthor.com/
- Jim’s Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Jim-Palmer/e/B001JSBR04
- Jim’s Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jimpalmercommunity/
- Jim’s LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimpalmerauthor
- Jim’s Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jimpalmer_12/
- Jim’s Twitter https://twitter.com/jimpalmer
- Jim’s Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6862801.Jim_Palmer
Human beings having a human experience quote:
The Humanist Society
“Waves” track written and produced by Makaih Beats